Sick Leave

Trinidad and Tobago nationals may fall ill while abroad and may be required to seek medical attention.  The national may be issued a sick leave certificate.  This certificate should be submitted to the nearest Trinidad and Tobago Overseas Mission to have the credentials of the medical practitioner verified.  Once this is done, a consular fee is charged at the Mission and the sick leave certificate is forwarded to the Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs (Trinidad and Tobago) for onward transmission to the national’s place of employment.