Missing Persons

If a family member or friend goes missing in a foreign country or if you are concerned about the welfare of a family member who is overseas, Trinidad and Tobago Overseas Missions can help.

What should I do?
You should first make a thorough check to determine if you can locate the missing person. You should then contact the police in the country in which the missing person resides and file a missing persons report.

If you are unsuccessful in locating the missing person, contact the nearest Trinidad and Tobago Mission. Follow the link below for a list of Overseas Missions.

To help the authorities start their search, please provide as much of the following information as possible:

  •  your full name, address, telephone number and relationship to the missing person;
  •  name, date of birth and passport number of the missing person;
  •  last known address and telephone number of the missing person and his/her travel itinerary;
  •  reason for the person's travel or residence abroad;
  •  a recent photograph of the missing person;
  •  date of last contact;
  •  other points of contact abroad (friends, business associates, hotel, etc.).

The missing person has a right to privacy. Consular staff will inform you if the missing person is located, but they may not be able to pass on details of his or her whereabouts. It is up to the missing person to make contact with the enquirer if he or she wishes to do so.

Please contact the authorities immediately if the missing person is located.

Where to get more information?

For more information or assistance, please contact the Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs if you are in Trinidad and Tobago, or the nearest Embassy, High Commission or Consulate if overseas. Please follow the link below for a list of Trinidad and Tobago Overseas Missions. The Consular staff will be pleased to help in any way they can.

Trinidad and Tobago Embassies, High Commissions and Consulates