Letters of No Objection
Trinidad and Tobago students who have been accepted to study at foreign universities may require this letter. In this regard, the foreign university will advise the student. The student is required to submit the following original documents and copies of same to the Consular Unit of the Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs:
- Letter from student – stating name, address, contact telephone number and the name and address of the university to which the student is applying or has been accepted;
- Application/ acceptance letter to foreign university;
- Valid Trinidad and Tobago Passport;
- Birth certificate
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Valid police certificate of character (the police certificate must be less than 6 months old)
- Applicants who are not in possession of a Trinidad and Tobago Passport - the applicant’s passport is required in addition to a Trinidad and Tobago Citizenship Certificate.
Please note that this process takes approximately six (6) to eight (8) weeks.