Consulate General in New York, U.S.A.
Humanitarian Assistance to Trinidad and Tobago Nationals Stranded Overseas Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/ttcgny
Consulate General, New York – Jurisdiction and Scope
The Consulate General of the Republic of Trinidad and
Tobago in New York first opened its doors in November 1970 and has functioned continuously
since that year.
The Consulate General is located at 125, Maiden Lane, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10038. As a Response to the COVID 19 Pandemic, the Consulate General will no longer be accepting unscheduled walk-in visits from members of the public. In-person visits for Immigration, Consular and Administrative Services will be BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. The Consulate General is closed on certain Trinidad and Tobago and USA holidays. Please check the list of holidays on this page.
The Consulate General in New York exercises consular jurisdiction in the following states of the eastern seaboard of the United States of America – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont. All of the other states are covered by our Embassy in Washington, D.C. and the Consulate General in Miami.
The primary role and function of this office is to manage consular relations between Trinidad and Tobago and the US States to which the Consulate General is accredited to. These include, inter alia:
- Providing services to citizens of Trinidad and Tobago resident in the area of its jurisdiction;
- Providing services and information to non-citizens interested in visiting, studying, working, doing business or investing in Trinidad and Tobago;
- Promoting the interests of Trinidad and Tobago, including culture, tourism, commerce, education and trade and investment, and developing mutually beneficial relationships in these and other strategic areas;
- Engaging and empowering the Trinidad and Tobago diaspora.
The Consulate General liaises with the Ministry of
Foreign and CARICOM Affairs, other Government Departments, public and private
sector institutions and entities in Trinidad and Tobago, public and private
sector organizations and diaspora groups in New York City and the nine (9)
states in its jurisdiction to execute its functions.
The Consulate General’s clientele includes citizens of
Trinidad and Tobago resident in its area of jurisdiction as well as travelers
from Trinidad and Tobago, foreign citizens seeking interaction with Trinidad
and Tobago, American individuals and corporate entities as well as New York
City, State and other government officials.
Vacancies at the Consulate General in New York, U.S.A.
No vacancies at this time.
The Consul General
Previous Consuls General include:
- Dr. Rudrawatee Nan Ramgoolam 2011 - 2015
- Dr. Harold Robertson 2004 - 2010
- Mr. Terrence Walker 1998 - 2004
- Mr. George McKenzie 1995 - 1998
- Mr. Learie Rousseau 1990 - 1995
- Mr. Babooram Rambissoon 1982 - 1990
- Ms. Shastri Ali 1981 - 1982
- Mr. Muhmad S. Dean Aziz 1978 - 1980
- Mr. Joseph Cooper 1974 - 1978
- Mr. Cecil Alleyne 1973 - 1974
- Mr. Wilfred S. Naimool 1970 - 1973
July 31 2019 - Emancipation Day Message from the Consulate
Please be advised that this is the official website for the Consulate General of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago in New York.
Consulate General of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, New York
J. André Laveau, Consul General
Address: 125 Maiden Lane, 4th Floor
New York, N.Y. 10038
Country: United States
Hours of operation with effect from November 2020:
8:00am-2:00pm - Immigration Services
8:00am-2:00pm - Administrative Services
7:45am-2:30pm - Telephone Queries
Closed on Consulate General holidays (click here for list)
THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, NEW YORK WILL BE CLOSED ON WEDNESDAY 4th NOVEMBER 2020